Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzards and biopsies

What do the two have to do with each other?  Not much other than tomorrow I am having 2 spots in each breast biopsied with some kind of medieval torture machine that requires my having to lie face down without moving for several hours.  The blizzard of 2011?  Usually something I'd enjoy; I find large snowfalls humbling and awe-inducing but today it allows too much time for waiting and thinking.

I'm pretty sure the results won't be pretty.  I've waited too long.  Gut feeling.  On top of the fact that my primary referred me to an oncologist as well as a breast surgeon, and that the breast surgeon has started talking about DCIS, masectomy, reconstruction, plastic surgeons, chemo, yada, yada, "oh, did you say something?" it's just a feeling I have.  I can point to it.  I know it.  I know my body.

So I don't want to be stuck at home today.  Don't want to wait.  Don't want to be physically "aware" of this invasive growth inside of me.  Because this is the beginning of February.  Riding season starts soon.  My baby is in the shop having her own masectomy and reconstruction; she's getting new head gaskets and new pipes too!  I need to be up and running by the end of March, beginning of April because that's when I told Woodstock Harley to have my baby ready to roll!  So let's get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment