Friday, February 11, 2011

Blood Donations

In the Chicago area, because of the blizzard blood donations are really needed right now.  I was devastated to find out that because of my cancer diagnosis I am no longer able to donate blood.  This is something I have watched my father do since I was old enough to remember and that I couldn't wait to be old enough to do.  When I turned 16, I was anemic and unable to donate but I kept trying.  Occasionally, I still would get turned down, either due to my anemia or because my blood pressure was too low, but I donated on a regular basis.  To be told I cannot donate until I am "5-years cancer free" was just another way this cancer-thing sucks!

Go to Heartland Blood Center and donate blood.  They need it!  I would do it but I can't - not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment