Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicago International Motorcycle Show

This weekend marks an important weekend for local riders jonesing during the long, cold Chicago winter: the Chicago International Motorcycle Show.  When you haven't been able to ride for a couple of months, you look forward to the chance to wallow in all things motorcycle; clothing, new bikes, accessories; tours and lots and lots of other bikers.  What's not to love?  Plus there's a special Women's Center - haven't really  been all that impressed with it in the past but it's better than nothing.

At past shows I've gotten my Frog Togs, Gerbing heated gear (a must have!!!) and assorted t-shirts and headgear.  At this show, I'd like to look for a mount for my new GPS that I got for Christmas.   The best part of the motorcycle show for me though, is being among other bikers.  Having that chance to chat, to talk about what you ride, where you've ridden, where you plan on riding . . . it makes riding season seem closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment